Friday, October 23, 2009

Latest update



























Hi there guys .. I am not much of a blogger , but here it goes ...

Well to be frank, I am a simple person with many visions and dreams to be realized. The most prominent of them is to make a difference in software development in depth. So setting career aside , let's talk about what makes me , 'Me' :)

Currently I am doing my degree in Information Communication Technology and I am in my Second Year First Semester in Petronas University of Technology. Generally I am a team worker and I cope quite fine with pressure. My believe is , to be a good leader , it is not only important to know how to lead but also to be a good follower. Other than that , I also believe in every failure that I encounter, brings me a step closer to success. We are born as plain white porcelains , we mould ourselves to be what we are. Which means we are the ones who choose our destiny. Another fact about myself is , I detest monopolization and also rat races. In this case holding on too much to what we have rather than giving others room for opportunity.

Since my foundation years , I believe in only joining events that I have interest in joining and gaining experiences. Like wise I can say that , I didn't force myself into events just for the sake of fame or certificates. Well that's me. To name some of the events that and clubs that I really commit to are, Syntech Organisation. This is an organisation not only for the Technology students but also for anyone whom are interested to develop their skills in management and also cyber advancement. I am currently in the Finance and Business division of this club. The activities that this club has been carrying out are UTP Electronic Sports Competition , SEEDTech , CIS Dean's List Dinner and in future we also going to organise a technological symposium. Other than being the High committee in the events that this club carry out, I also have joined the Freshies Orientation Week ( MAS) July 09 and May 09. Throughout the orientation week , I contributed as the Head for Food and Beverages Department . Some of my tasks were collaborating with the management to try to provide a mass amount of food and refreshments for the freshies and VIPs. Other events that I have tried out are EDX , Photofest , MPPUTP HOST , TEC 07 and 08 , Rotaract , Rotaract Installation Dinner- head of F&B and also attending conventions such as Leadership Summits.

Two years studying in UTP have taught me a lot. One of the major things I have observed so far is how the student body in UTP work. When we freshly entered this University , we came from diverse states , countries and cultures. In the beginning we mingle and get to know our friends no matter what background they come from. But if we haven't realised, as time passed and also the hectic study schedules began , we drifted away from our aesthetics. My hopes are that we should realise that there is lack of integration in us. As a matter of fact , in our schooling days we learned the meaning of unity and even practised it. Why is it so hard to do so now ? That is the motion that I am bringing for this election. This is the hope that I have. My manifesto isn't a lengthy one , but I belief that it is a meaningful one:

the agenda that I'll point out would be :
  • Closing the gap between the SRCUTP and also the students
  • Integrating all students of UTP no matter what background we come from

You may ask me why I want to stand for the elections this time, well my answer is simple , I just want make a difference and to break the mindset of the students currently. It is all about a paradigm shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment